Training Programme Details
Our Training Programmes are structured to cater mainly three categories of employees within small to medium sized companies. Namely, we have training for Managers, Supervisors, and other Staff.
|26 Jun 2017|
|R & R Safety Systems L24 9PZ|
|First Aid at Work|
About the event:
First Aid at Work
The difference between life and death in an emergency situation can come down to the effective administration of first aid. By providing immediate attention to a casualty until a medical professional arrives the future health of the casualty is increased multiple times.
The course will enable the learner with the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a wider range of first aid situations than the Emergency First Aid at Work course and also take on the role of first aider in the workplace.
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid to people in a range of emergency first aid situations.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
This qualification includes all of the learning outcomes covered in the Emergency First Aid at Work course plus the below outcomes.
1. Be able to conduct a secondary survey
2. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
3. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
4. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
5. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
6. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
7. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
8. Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
9. Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
Course Event Calendar
Our courses are run all year round. Please view our online Events Calendar to see when our courses are available or contact us on 0151 427 1678.