Training Programme Details
Our Training Programmes are structured to cater mainly three categories of employees within small to medium sized companies. Namely, we have training for Managers, Supervisors, and other Staff.
|26 Jun 2017|
|R & R Safety Systems L24 9PZ|
|Emergency First Aid at Work|
About the event:
Emergency First Aid at Work
The difference between life and death in an emergency situation can come down to the effective administration of first aid. By providing immediate attention to a casualty until a medical professional arrives the future health of the casualty is increased multiple times.
The course will enable the learner with the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations and/or take on the role of emergency first aider in the workplace.
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide basic first aid to people in a range of emergency first aid situations.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
2. Be able to assess an incident
3. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
4. Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
5. Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
6. Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
7. Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
8. Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
Course Event Calendar
Our courses are run all year round. Please view our online Events Calendar to see when our courses are available or contact us on 0151 427 1678.